Massage therapy is not only a great way to relax after a tough week, there are many other health benefits to this therapeutic practice. Massage therapy has a long list of benefits including helping relieve anxiety, headaches, lower back pain, some digestive disorders and insomnia related to stress. A good massage is also great for increasing joint flexibility, treating soft tissue injuries and improving sleep quality.
Valleyview Injury + Physical Medicine offers clinical therapeutic massage to help aid in the recovery of injuries due to auto accidents, on-the-job injuries, sports injuries or those old ailments that just need a little help. Our experienced therapists are trained in multiple techniques to help tailor a treatment plan based on your specific needs.
- Swedish massage. This is a gentle form of massage that uses long strokes, kneading, deep circular movements, vibration and tapping to help relax you.
- Deep Tissue Massage. This massage technique uses slower, stronger, “deeper” strokes to target the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue to help with muscle damage from injuries or chronic tension that has built up.
- Trigger Point Therapy involves applying deep focused pressure to trigger points (chronically bands of muscle tissue, deep in a muscle belly.) Pressure is applied for a brief moment with long strokes and stretching after. This can be an uncomfortable process, but can achieve great results.
- Sports Massage can help you maintain flexibility and mobility in soft tissues to minimize muscle strains and tears during workouts and/or training to recover more swiftly after your routines.
- Relaxation Massage is a great way to deal with stress-related back or neck tightness while promoting a sense of well-being.
- Other methods i.e. Reflexology, pregnancy, lymphatic drainage, cancer, and geriatric.
Massage treatments can be used treat a whole variety of issues from managing pain, recovering from injuries to general well-being and wellness. At Valleyview Injury + Physical Medicine, our massage treatments are combined with chiropractic care, acupuncture, and naturopathic care to provide optimum results. They can also be made on an individual or regular basis.
Is massage for me?
The answer is, YES! Massage is no longer just a luxury. Everybody can benefit from receiving massage. There are more studies coming out all the time proving the efficacy of massage therapy from relieving stress and anxiety to relieving and managing pain from fibromyalgia and migraines. Basically put, if you are in pain, massage can probably help you.
Many insurance plans even cover massage therapy, which can be prescribed by one of our chiropractors if it fits with your treatment plan. Massage sessions can very in duration to fit within your schedule and will leave you feeling reinvigorated, relaxed, and rested.
As a leader in non-surgical injury and wellness care, Valleyview Injury + Physical Medicine looks forward to helping you and your family recover from pain and get back to an active lifestyle. Call us today at (503) 489-1998 or fill out the brief contact form below to start feeling better today!