NEVER FELT BETTER
NEVER FELT BETTER
NEVER FELT BETTER
Massage is all about helping you get better, naturally
Valleyview Injury + Physical Medicine is an integrative medical practice specializing in natural treatments for pain through Joint Care, Naturopathic, Chiropractic, Acupuncture, and Massage Therapies. Located in Gresham Oregon, near Portland.
Massage therapy is not only a great way to relax after a tough week, there are many other health benefits to this therapeutic practice. Massage therapy has a long list of benefits including helping relieve anxiety, headaches, lower back pain, some digestive disorders and insomnia related to stress. A good massage is also great for increasing joint flexibility, treating soft tissue injuries and improving sleep quality.
Valleyview Injury + Physical Medicine offers clinical therapeutic massage to help aid in the recovery of injuries due to auto accidents, on-the-job injuries, sports injuries or those old ailments that just need a little help. Our experienced therapists are trained in multiple techniques to help tailor a treatment plan based on your specific needs.
- Swedish massage. This is a gentle form of massage that uses long strokes, kneading, deep circular movements, vibration and tapping to help relax you.
- Deep Tissue Massage. This massage technique uses slower, stronger, “deeper” strokes to target the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue to help with muscle damage from injuries or chronic tension that has built up.
- Trigger Point Therapy involves applying deep focused pressure to trigger points (chronically bands of muscle tissue, deep in a muscle belly.) Pressure is applied for a brief moment with long strokes and stretching after. This can be an uncomfortable process, but can achieve great results.
- Sports Massage can help you maintain flexibility and mobility in soft tissues to minimize muscle strains and tears during workouts and/or training to recover more swiftly after your routines.
- Relaxation Massage is a great way to deal with stress-related back or neck tightness while promoting a sense of well-being.
- Other methods i.e. Reflexology, pregnancy, lymphatic drainage, cancer, and geriatric.
Massage treatments can be used treat a whole variety of issues from managing pain, recovering from injuries to general well-being and wellness. At Valleyview Injury + Physical Medicine, our massage treatments are combined with chiropractic care, acupuncture, and naturopathic care to provide optimum results. They can also be made on an individual or regular basis.
Is massage for me?
The answer is, YES! Massage is no longer just a luxury. Everybody can benefit from receiving massage. There are more studies coming out all the time proving the efficacy of massage therapy from relieving stress and anxiety to relieving and managing pain from fibromyalgia and migraines. Basically put, if you are in pain, massage can probably help you.
Many insurance plans even cover massage therapy, which can be prescribed by one of our chiropractors if it fits with your treatment plan. Massage sessions can very in duration to fit within your schedule and will leave you feeling reinvigorated, relaxed, and rested.
As a leader in non-surgical injury and wellness care, Valleyview Injury + Physical Medicine looks forward to helping you and your family recover from pain and get back to an active lifestyle. Call us today at (503) 489-1998 or fill out the brief contact form below to start feeling better today!
How can massage therapy help me?
1. Relieve stress
2. Relieve postoperative pain
3. Reduce anxiety
4. Manage low-back pain
5. Help fibromyalgia pain
6. Reduce muscle tension
7. Enhance exercise performance
8. Relieve tension headaches
9. Sleep better
10. Ease symptoms of depression
11. Improve cardiovascular health
12. Reduce pain of osteoarthritis
13. Decrease stress in cancer patients
14. Improve balance in older adults
15. Decrease rheumatoid arthritis pain
16. Temper effects of dementia
17. Promote relaxation
18. Lower blood pressure
19. Decrease symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
20. Help chronic neck pain
21. Lower joint replacement pain
22. Increase range of motion
23. Decrease migraine frequency
24. Improve quality of life in hospice care
25. Reduce chemotherapy-related nausea
How Long is Treatment?
Massage therapy sessions can last from 30 minutes up to an hour or longer depending on your condition, your schedule, and, sometimes, just how much you like massages. Massage treatment may last as short as a few weeks for acute injuries from automotive accidents, work related incidents, or sports injuries. For more chronic conditions, patients return for massage treatment for several months or longer. Others just come because they enjoy and never stop.
When Will I Feel Better?
Most patients feel better immediately after a massage. Massages are soothing, help relax your muscles, and alleviate the stresses of life. Sometimes massage treatment is just to help get over acute trauma and end when you are feeling back to normal. Other times, patients return every week or two to maintain the benefits of massage therapy.
People Say Nice Things
“It soothed and relaxed my muscles. It was wonderful. You did a great job, don’t change anything.” ~L.Y.
Who Covers Care?
Great news! Massage therapy is covered by all automotive insurance and workers compensation providers and can be prescribed by one of our chiropractors as well. Some of our patients visit even after their coverage ends to continue the healthful benefits of massage.
You, Naturally Better
100% of auto and workers compensation insurance cover Chiropractic, Acupuncture and Massage.
No referral necessary.
We can refer you for x-rays, MRIs and other tests that you may need.
We can even refer you to trusted specialists and ethical, experienced attorneys if necessary.